Do you like a Chinese Food? If yes, what’s your favorite one? For me, the big YES!! for the Chinese Food and the Kung Pao Chicken it’s the one of my favorite. I love the taste, It’s really tasteful and it has a great combination of the chicken and peanut on it.
So, talking about the Kung Pao Chicken, a few weeks ago I feel a bit homesick and it leads me to crave any Chinese food that I could easily found when I’m back to Batam, Indonesia. Why Batam? Wait, when I said it make me think at Batam it doesn’t mean The Kung Pao Chicken is coming from there. I said simply as I could found easily this food almost in all Chinese Restaurant in Batam, and Sadly, here in France, I haven’t found yet.
So where is coming from this food?? For sure it’s original from China, and the real savor is sweet, tasteful and spicy as they use the Sichuan spice or Sichuan dried chilly. And The Kung Pao Chicken is really good to eat with warm steam rice *Drooling emoji* (just only write about it, it already made me hungry…). for us, the Asian, this food is really good to enjoy for dinner and lunch.
And this time, I tried my 1st Kung Pao Chicken in unspicy version, as I have a toddler, and she eats the same food like us, the parents (since she was 1 years old, I didn’t cook separately for her). So, I decided to make it without dried red chilly and another reason is I don’t have it also. I didn’t often to do stock for Chinese ingredient as I’m not often to cook the Chinese food.
and I make this for the birthday meal of my hubby a few weeks ago as the main menu so kind of special meal for us on that day, and I did also the Banana Ice Cream Cake for the dessert and I shared it on my last post.If you haven’t read yet, no worry you can read here: Banana Ice Cream Cake.
this recipe is kind of easy for me, just it needs more time for marinating the chicken to make the savor really absorbed on chicken. Oh yeah, on this recipe I had to change some of the ingredients that usually I found when I ate it on restaurant,
For the dried red chilly, I change with red and green bell pepper, and other things are kind of peanut I used, usually, it serves with cashew nut but I just had the usual peanut so I used what I have.
As I change some ingredient, it will give an effect to the taste, but when I make it and everybody try it, the taste is very good and make contagious LOL maybe I’m too much to say that, but honestly the taste it was so great and almost have the same taste like the usual Kung Pao Chicken that I always ate in my hometown.
Are you curious how the taste is?? Try this recipe and taste it how good is that 😀
KUNG PAO CHICKEN RECIPE
preparation time: 10 mins
marinated time: 30 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
serve 4 portions
- 250-500gr chicken fillet cut into chunky
- 1 tbsp Pure sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar Chinese
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- garlic minced
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce Bango ( I used Indonesian Brand 😀 )
- 1 Bell pepper Red and Green cut into small
- 125 ml water
- 1 handful roasted peanut
- 2 tbsp Maizena or Cornstarch
- oil (I used the olive oil)
- 1 onion cut into cube
- sesame seed
- Marinade the chicken for minimum 30 minutes with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, 1 tbsp cornstarch and garlic minced.
- Prepare the woks, heat the oil and start to cook the chicken until 80% cooked.
- Stir Fry the onion, bell pepper green and red, till fragrant and add the chicken that had been cooked before.
- Add the sweet soy sauce and the water with 1 tbsp cornstarch. Cook for 10 minutes.
- add the roasted peanut and mix well, after it finishes and ready to serve with steam rice or noodles. And don’t forget spread the sesame seed on top.
- Serve it with warm steam rice and enjoy your meal!!! 🙂
well, I’ve shared my recipe about Chinese food, hope you like it and hope it will give you the new idea for meal’s idea on the week.
if you think this recipe is great or you think “Oh, I will try this later!!” You can simply pin this to save into your Pinterest.
And if you have anybody who interesting with this recipe, you can share it freely. Happy trying and Wish you have a nice day 🙂